(NASDAQ: SGC), established in 1920, is one of America's foremost providers of fine uniforms and image apparel. Headquartered in Seminole, Fla., Superior Uniform Group manages award-winning uniform apparel programs for major corporations nationwide. Leaders in innovative uniform program design, global manufacturing, and state-of-the-art distribution, Superior Uniform Group helps companies achieve a more professional appearance and better communicate their brands - particularly those in healthcare, private security, retail, hospitality, transportation and food service industries.
The company’s commitment to service, technology, quality and value-added benefits, as well as its financial strength and resources, support customers’ diverse needs while embracing a "Customer 1st, Every Time!" philosophy and culture. Superior Uniform Group sells its wide range of products through its signature brands Superior I.D.™, Fashion Seal Healthcare® and HPI Direct®. Superior Uniform Group is also the parent company for The Office Gurus®, which provides call center and BPO solutions to a variety of customers, and BAMKO®, its innovative promotional products and sourcing company that provides custom branding solutions to some of the nation’s strongest brands.
Title: Payroll & HRIS Specialist
Prepare payroll information by entering payroll data into payroll system. Review and audit changes to ensure accuracy of data and payroll processing. Function as back-up payroll processor, as necessary. Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system, including time clock set-up and password set-up/resets. Create management reports. Maintain HRIS system for assigned projects and support HRIS upgrades, testing and other technical projects.
- Function as back-up payroll processor for the Payroll & HRIS Manager, as necessary.
- Perform calculations for special pay programs, prepare data for bonus, commission and other programs for batch upload for each pay cycle.
- Manage and perform payroll garnishments to accurately comply with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Provide Payroll/HRIS support by handling password resets, data entry for new hires/time clock set-up, direct deposit data entry, etc.
- Assist Payroll/HRIS Manager with organizational structure set-up, program configuration, system security and access authorization.
- Maintain internal HRIS database files and tables for earnings and deduction codes, memo codes, etc. Support data set-up for benefits, payroll, talent acquisition, performance management, and other system functionalities.
- Create and maintain a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in the development of standard and ad hoc reports in support of all functional areas of HR.
- Create and distribute management reports.
- Manage projects and administration of one or more HRIS modules/functionalities.
- Provide training and support to all levels of system users.
- Supports internal and external audits with reports/research.
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of one to three years’ experience in Payroll/HRIS applications/administration.
- Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes; experience with database tools.
- Experience with HR report writing, HR data analysis, and creation of HRIS analytics.
- Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for analysis.
- Experience preparing and processing payroll for multiple companies. Knowledge of the principles and practices of payroll preparation and processing.
- Able to handle multiple projects at once and have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge or experience in the use of HRIS software, preferably ADP, Workday, or similar systems.
Along with a generous Compensation Package, the company offers an excellent Benefits Package, including Medical, Dental, a Defined Contribution Plan (e.g. 401(k)), Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, a Flexible Spending Account and Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.