Corporate social responsibility (CSR), corporate conscience, corporate citizenship, social performance, or sustainable responsible business – no matter what you call it, Superior Uniform Group practices it daily. Otherwise known as doing the right thing, Superior Uniform Group and its family of brands focuses on four main areas: social compliance, global community, local community and green.
Did you know? Superior Uniform Group has funded more than 150 agricultural projects in El Salvador since 2011, dramatically reducing malnutrition among children
Did you know? In 2013, Superior Uniform Group donated more than 3,500 new, first quality garments to Community Action Stops Abuse (CASA), providing the non-profit organization with a collection of skirts, woven shirts, camp shirts, pants, and shorts. The garments will be sold in CASA’s thrift store to fund community programming aimed at stopping domestic violence.
Did you know? Since 2011, Superior Uniform Group has donated more than $150,000 worth of new clothing (17,223 items) school children in Pinellas County, FL and Denver, Co.
Did you know? Superior Uniform Group has hosted quarterly on-site blood drives since 1987 which has resulted in 80 pints of blood for a year for the past 25 years; enough for more than 330 open heart surgeries.
Did you know? Superior Uniform Group offers a range of uniforms and image apparel made from eco-friendly fabrics. True to the green theme, the new FabriConscious brochure is only available in an e-version.
- Support an employee-lead Green Team and is a corporate participant in the Adopt-A-Shore program which has resulted in picking up more than a half a ton of trash since 2008
- Uphold fair labor practices everywhere in world we operate
- Promote a C1 philosophy: the customer is first, every time
- Foster employee health and wellness with walking programs, on-site yoga and discounted gym memberships
- Produce eco-friendly uniforms, using “green” textiles such as EcoPoly
- Practice energy conservation at our facilities and participates in corporate recycling programs
- Saved more than 600 trees by reducing annual paper consumption over the past three years
- Contribute financial and in-kind donations to international, national and local organizations (FUSAL, American Heart Association, Clothes For Kids, Florida Blood Donors, etc)
Published by our employee-led Green Team, the Eco-Beacon features Green Tips and News. The Fall/Winter 2014 Eco-Beacon touches on Green activities for the holidays, as well as what our employees do through-out the year to be Green.